Welcome to www.blumcenterforhealth.com (the “Blum Center Site”), the site of the Blum Center for Health Education, LLC (the “Center” or “we”).
- The term “Onsite Class” means a class that you take at the Center.
- The term “Online Educational Consultation” means a personalized online or telephone educational consultation that will not result in any diagnosis, treatment, or treatment recommendation by the Center.
- The term “Online Coaching Program” means a program that is offered through blumhealthmd.com.
- The term “Service” means any service or activity, including Onsite Classes and Online Educational Consultations, that you Use (as defined below) on or through the Blum Center Site.
- The term “Supplement” means a vitamin or other bottled or packaged healthcare product.
- The term “Use” means to access, read, buy, experience, participate in, or make arrangements for.
General. On the Blum Center Site, among other things, you can find out how to arrange for a clinical visit/medical consultation at the Center, sign up for BlumKitchen™ cooking and mind/body/spirit Onsite Classes, obtain access to Online Educational Consultations provided by our faculty, link to Online Coaching Programs and blogs, and buy Supplements. Some of these Services are offered through our storefront at mindbodyonline.com, while our online coaching programs and blogs are offered on our affiliated site at www.blumhealthmd.com. In each case, when you click on a link for one of those services, you will be redirected to one of those two sites.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- Onsite Classes. WE DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY THAT ANY ONSITE CLASS WILL PRODUCE ANY PARTICULAR RESULT OR LEVEL OF SKILL. NEITHER THE CENTER NOR DR. BLUM NOR ANY EMPLOYEE OF THE CENTER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SAFEKEEPING OF YOUR PERSONAL BELONGINGS WHILE YOU ARE IN AN ONSITE CLASS.
- Supplements. The Supplements we offer include individual vitamins, and other products designed to support your health, such as herbal supplements, digestive and/or other enzymes, and/or other nutrients. Different Supplements have different effects on different people. Any herbal supplement, including any Supplement, may cause side effects such as stomach upset, nausea and diarrhea, even if you take it according to the directions on the package. Some people are particularly sensitive to certain Supplements. Certain Supplements may adversely affect the effectiveness of birth-control pills. Some Supplements may not have any negative impact on you, but they may not relieve any symptoms that may be bothering you. YOU SHOULD CONSULT YOUR OWN PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL BEFORE TAKING ANY SUPPLEMENT. A meal prepared from a particular recipe in our cookbook also may not agree with you.
- Guides. The Center produces/co-produces and sells health, diet and other guides (collectively “Guides”). We sell these Guides because we think they can be helpful, but NO GUIDE IS INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE. THE CENTER AND DR. BLUM AND THEIR AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES SPECIFICALLY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY THAT ANY PARTICULAR GUIDE IS APPROPRIATE FOR YOU, THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS OR PERFORM THE EXERCISES THAT IT PRESCRIBES, THAT YOU WILL NOT INJURE YOURSELF USING SUCH GUIDE, OR THAT YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM FOLLOWING SUCH DIRECTIONS OR PERFORMING SUCH EXERCISES.
- Online Educational Consultations. Our Online Educational Consultations are informational only. An Online Educational Consultation is not a substitute for a live clinical appointment with your own doctor or other licensed medical professional and it does not constitute the provision of medical advice. ASKING FOR OR ENGAGING IN ANY ONLINE EDUCATIONAL CONSULTATION WILL NOT ESTABLISH A PHYSICIAN-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND DR. BLUM, THE PERSON WHO IS PROVIDING THE ONLINE EDUCATIONAL CONSULTATION(S), OR ANY OTHER HEALTH-CARE PROFESSIONAL AT THE BLUM CENTER. WHOEVER PROVIDES YOUR HEALTH EDUCATION CONSULTATION WILL PROVIDE EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION ONLY AND WILL NOT DIAGNOSE OR TREAT OR RECOMMEND TREATMENT FOR ANY SPECIFIC MEDICAL OR HEALTH CONDITION YOU MAY HAVE.
- No Doctor-Patient Relationship. YOUR USE OF THE BLUM CENTER SITE OR ANY SERVICE OR SUPPLEMENT THAT YOU MAY USE (AS DEFINED IN SECTION 1 ABOVE) THROUGH THE BLUM CENTER SITE AND/OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SERVICE OFFERED THROUGH THE BLUM CENTER SITE, INCLUDING ANY ONLINE EDUCATIONAL CONSULTATION, WILL NOT CREATE A PHYSICIAN-PATIENT RELA-TIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND DR. BLUM OR ANY OF THE OTHER HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS WHO PROVIDE SERVICES AT THE CENTER.
- Limitation on Disclaimers of Warranty. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so some of the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
Cancellation and Refunds
- Onsite Classes. To receive a refund for any Onsite Class, you must cancel at least two business days in advance. If you find out less than two business days before an Onsite Class that you will not be able to attend a BlumKitchen™ cooking class or a MindBodySpirit meditation class, you may send someone in your place. You may not send someone else to any MindBodySpirit Group Series class.
- Online Educational Consultations. To receive a refund for any Online Educational Consultation, you must cancel at least five days in advance. This means that if you want to cancel an Online Educational Consultation that is scheduled on a Monday, you must cancel by the end of the day on the previous Monday.
Shipping, Returns, and Refunds
- Shipping Generally. All shipping is done via UPS from our office in Rye Brook, New York. We ship to addresses in the United States only except for Hawaii. We do not ship to APO addresses and P.O. Boxes. All packages are shipped through UPS. You will receive your purchased items within seven business days from the date on which your order is processed. Orders are typically processed within 24 hours of the time you place your order. Orders placed after 12:00pm on Friday will be processed the following Monday.
- Shipping Fees. If you are placing a regular order in the continental United States, you will be charged the calculated shipping fee according to the destination.
- UPS Delivery Policies. All shipping is subject to UPS’s terms and conditions.
- Returns. You may return any unopened product within 14 (fourteen) days of receipt for a full refund, except for printed materials, which you may not return because they are digital and therefore can be used or copied and then returned. If you purchase a program which comes with printed materials which you have already received prior to your return, you will be refunded less the cost of the digital printed material. If you are returning something because we sent you the wrong item, we will pay the shipping costs. If you are returning something for any other reason, you must pay for shipping and you may be required to pay a restocking fee. To initiate a return, email us at email@example.com for a return authorization number. Please include your name or the name of the recipient, the order number and date of purchase, all of which can be found on the sales receipt/packing list enclosed in the box. We will contact you with instructions on how to complete the return or exchange in the form of a return authorization which will include shipping information.
Indemnity. You will indemnify and hold harmless the Center, Dr. Blum, and their affiliates, partners, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any loss, liability, claim, demand, fees, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees (collectively, “Claims“) made by any third party (which means anyone other than you) due to or arising out of your Use of the Blum Center Site, including, without limitation, any Claim arising from your providing any third party with any Supplements or other products that you have bought through the Blum Center Site.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE CENTER OR DR. BLUM OR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) RESULTING FROM (1) ANY ASPECT OF YOUR USE (AS DEFINED IN SECTION 1 ABOVE) OF THE BLUM CENTER SITE, ANY GUIDE OR OTHER WRITTEN MATERIAL, ANY SUPPLEMENT, OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SERVICE, OR YOUR USE (AS DEFINED IN SECTION 1 ABOVE) OF IN ANYTHING ELSE THAT YOU MAY USE (AS DEFINED IN SECTION 1 ABOVE) THROUGH THE BLUM CENTER SITE, (2) THE FAILURE OF ANY ONSITE ACTIVITY, ONLINE EDUCATIONAL CONSULTATION OR ANY OTHER SERVICE, OR ANY SUPPLEMENT, THAT YOU MAY USE (AS DEFINED IN SECTION 1 ABOVE) THROUGH THE BLUM CENTER SITE, TO HAVE ANY DESIRED EFFECT OR PRODUCE ANY PARTICULAR RESULT, OR (3) YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS, OPERATE OR NAVIGATE THE BLUM CENTER SITE, OR THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, MODIFICATION, ALTERATION, OR TERMINATION OF THE BLUM CENTER SITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In some jurisdictions, limitations of liability are not permitted, so some of the foregoing limitations may not apply to you.