Total Time: 50 mins
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Serves: Serves 6
Chef Amy gives us a healthy, dairy-free version of a Thanksgiving favorite.
She chose healthy fats, like coconut oil, as an alternative to butter, and used coconut milk to give sweet potatoes a creamy, thick consistency. Warm autumn spices and a touch of maple syrup add a rich flavor the whole family will love!
- 4-6 , large organic sweet potatoes - about 2 ½ Lbs. washed peeled and cut into 2 “ chunks
- ½ C , coconut milk
- 1 rounded T , coconut oil
- ½ t, ground ginger
- ½ t, ground nutmeg
- ½ t, ground cinnamon
- 2T , maple syrup
- ½ t, sea salt
- Place prepared sweet potatoes in a large stock covered with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Grease a 2qt. casserole dish with coconut oil and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 350d
- Drain sweet potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add the rest of your ingredients and with a potato masher or a hand mixer mash well until smooth. Place sweet potato mixture into prepared dish and bake for 30 minutes.