Come to Blum Center for Health if…
You have a chronic health condition
Many of our patients come to us with a chronic health problem that hasn’t improved from traditional treatment, doctors and prescription medications. They come to us because they’re sick and tired of, well, feeling sick and tired. Many have been given a diagnosis, but many others simply don’t feel well. They’re exhausted all the time and know something is wrong, but their doctors can’t figure out what that something is. If this is you, our goal is to uncover where and why your body is not functioning right (hence the name “functional medicine”). The conditions that we treat include:
- Digestion and bowel problems such as irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, gastro-esophageal disease (GERD), reflux, constipation, and leaky gut syndrome.
- Immune and inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, eczema, asthma and autoimmune disorders
- Issues with circulation and lipids such as high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol
- Environmental exposure and detoxification issues such as migraines, mold and exposure to heavy metals such as mercury and lead
- Issues related to hormones and mood such as PMS, menopause, low sex drive (in both men and women), bio-identical hormones, thyroid disorders, depression and anxiety
- Fatigue and stress related issues such as chronic fatigue, adrenal fatigue and insomnia
You want to prevent chronic conditions and achieve optimal health
A great number of patients come to Blum Center for Health because they want to do everything they can to prevent chronic conditions and diseases (possibly because of a family history), stay healthy and age beautifully. They know that good health is an important key to living a full life. Here, we have two clinicians specializing in Functional Medicine who use various methods to pick up imbalances and nutritional deficiencies before illness and disease has manifested. They will do a comprehensive clinical prevention evaluation and create a program that’s personalized for you to help prevent chronic disease and get your body and mind as healthy as possible.
You want to focus on women’s health and hormone balance
Another component to our practice is women’s health and wellness. Our clinicians see many women who are dealing with the hormonal changes of menopause, before, during or after. They seek out our center because they want natural treatment options and nutritional alternatives to balancing their hormones and alleviating their symptoms. We offer many options for this such as prescribing bio-identical hormones, a form of hormone replacement that is believed to be safer because these hormones are identical to human hormones (as opposed to the hormones used in traditional hormone replacement therapy which are taken from horses such as premarin and provera). We work with a compounding pharmacist to customize creams and oral estrogen, progesterone and testosterone.
You want a holistic health plan
Another group of patients we see are those who, after receiving the diagnosis of a medical problem – such as high cholesterol or recent onset high blood pressure – want to treat that condition without traditional prescription medications. There are also patients who don’t have a diagnosis, but have new or escalating symptoms, and want to be treated holistically so they come see us before going to other doctors. Holistic medicine is the art and science of healing that addresses the whole person – body, mind, and spirit. We do so by integrating conventional and alternative therapies to prevent and treat disease and promote optimal health.