Just as Functional Medicine approaches the body from the perspective of treating the root cause of disease, Functional Nutrition looks at the foundational way that food affects your body at the cellular level. By using food as your medicine, you can positively influence your cells, prevent and treat illness, and have a huge impact on how you feel!
In a patient-centered approach to healing, we will assess your lifestyle, genetic make-up, and both your internal and external environments, and then create an individualized plan that restores and maintains your optimal health. We incorporate Functional Nutrition into all of our programs, and in fact, we feel so strongly about this that our Nutritionist, Keri Lynn MacElhinney, sees all of our General Medicine Patients as part of their Initial Package.
Keri Lynn’s expertise includes:
- Weight loss programs personalized for your genetics and current health issues
- Medical detox programs for weight loss, reducing toxic load, preventing and treating chronic illness
- Food plans to lower cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar (diabetes)
- Cancer nutrition through the spectrum: prevention, during treatment, and recovery
- Testing for food sensitivities and implementing your food plan based on results
- Vitamin testing and treatment of nutrient deficiencies
- Specialized diets including Cardiometabolic, Mediterranean, Paleo, Ketogenic, Healthy Vegan, Autoimmune, low FODMAP, SCD. You name it and she knows how to do it!
A nutrition consultation is a great way to get started at Blum Center for Health!
Your Visit with Keri Lynn McElhenney, RD, CDN, CFNA
- 90-minute initial consultation: $395
- Follow up visits are based on time: $150 per 30 minutes
For more information, or to schedule your appointment, call our office at: 914-652-7800, or email Teresa@blumcenterforhealth.com.